CMG’s Comfort and success in working with doctors:
- Understanding the delicate relationship between physicians and hospitals.
- Gaining physician trust and respect.
- Bringing hospital managers and physicians to consensus.
Compact size and highly accessible senior consultants:
- Giving clients highly personalized attention from the experienced senior members of the firm, who are not busy managing a “pyramid” of junior staff.
Industry knowledge and experience:
- Serving only healthcare organizations, and having the necessary healthcare-sector operating and consulting experience to diagnose client problems and apply seasoned, rigorous and creative thinking to generate solutions.
Willingness to be a collegial participant and leader, not a distant expert:
- Willing and able to work with clients to arrive at practical, reality-based solutions.
Ability to facilitate learning and decision-making among client groups:
- Using proven methods, taking time to help clients “process” information or move quickly to resolution, depending on the client’s needs and time frame.
Disciplined approach to project fees:
- Working primarily on a fixed, project-fee basis, and not stretching fees by adding expensive, time-based incremental billing. Instead, CMG focuses on achieving optimal results for clients as efficiently as possible.
What We Do
Since 1985, Cambridge Management Group has worked with healthcare institutions, physicians and other clinicians around America to improve patient care and strengthen institutions’ and clinicians’ administrative and financial health. That CMG uses only highly experienced senior advisers and researches clients’ needs with great rigor even well before signing a contract, are only two of the elements that set the firm apart.
Traditionally, CMG’s best-known work has been engaging physicians to more strongly align their jobs with their institutions’ needs while strengthening their own practices. However, our work goes well beyond that. We put our “boots on the ground’’ at the institutions we serve to help resolve a wide range of pressing operational issues, working closely with people from senior executives to providers at all points of care. We seek to thoroughly understand the institutional cultures of clients, and thus how to improve them.
In recent years, CMG has developed new special strengths in guiding the sector’s institutions and individuals through the new challenges of evidence-based medicine, population health, fee for value, rapidly changing medical technology, the accountable-care movement and associated public-relations and marketing matters. The firm’s strengths in this new world includes its deep knowledge of the clinical, administrative and financial imperatives of federal and state government mandates under the Affordable Care Act and other new laws and regulations, and such non-hospital institutions as federally qualified health centers.
Cambridge Management Group’s skills, experience and highly personalized approach assist healthcare institutions and individual providers to more calmly, coherently and successfully navigate the healthcare revolution that will continue for years to come.