This article by Benjamin Miller looks at creating a “culture of whole health” in which primary care and behavioral heath advance together.
A report looks at:
- Organizing integration efforts.
- Workforce training and other education.
- Financing, with the current fee-for-service payment system presenting huge barriers to team-based integrated care.
- Care delivery, with integrated-care delivery requiring curating and sharing evidence on integrating mental health and primary care and including prevention and health promotion.
- Population and Community Health: The effort must consider such social determinants of health as housing, education, employment and environmental conditions.