A Gallup study of performance management in hospitals said:
- “Don’t assume that employees know their strengths or the strengths of their co-workers.
- “Discuss ways to apply strengths in a team setting to achieve shared performance objectives.
- “Help employees — individually and collectively in teams — align their talents to meet role expectations.
- “Incorporate strengths into performance conversations and reviews, and help employees set goals based on their strengths.
- “Consider formal strengths-based management training for managers.”