A McKinsey & Co. report debunks what it says are five big myths about healthcare consumerism.
It lists them thus (and deconstructs them in detail as you can see when you hit the link):
- “Healthcare is different from other industries. Consumers don’t bring the same expectations about customer experience to healthcare that they bring to retail or technology companies.”
2. “Consumers know what they want from healthcare companies and what drives their decisions.”
3. “Most consumers research their healthcare choices before making important decisions and then make fact-based choices based on their research.”
4. “Now that consumers are paying more for their healthcare, premium price is the only truly important factor in purchase decisions.”
5. “Almost all consumers have a primary care provider (PCP) and are highly reluctant to change doctors.”